Thanks to the youth who cooked dinner for Family Fun Night last Friday and those who passed out flyers for our Wreath Fundraiser on Sunday morning.
Also, we had a great youth committee meeting and are planning a summer mission trip in addition to our summer 2018 rafting trip. Dates and details to come in the New Year.
The youth will continue to collect pre-orders for Advent wreaths and greenery. Are you and your youth able to tend to the table in Fellowship Hall collecting orders before or after one of the worship services this Sunday (12th) or next Sunday(19th)?
Youth Outing: Get Air! Trampoline Park followed by Progressive Fast Food Dinner Challenge Sunday, November 19, 3:30 - 7:30pm (meet at the church) Some FAQ you might have about this event:
- Q: What should we bring?
- A: Bring grip socks and $25 (for 2 hours of jumping and fast food). You will need an extra $3 if you do not have grip socks. The church is happy to subsidize your cost if you are not prepared to spend $25 on an afternoon outing. Parents should also fill out this Get Air! waiver.
- Q: What is a progressive fast food dinner challenge?
- A: This is a fun take on Thanksgiving dinner. Each youth purchases one fast food item (appetizer, main, and dessert) at three different fast food restaurants. The goal is to do so with $5 or less (hello, dollar menu!).
- Q: Do you need some super fun parents to help drive (a.k.a jump and eat junk food with the youth)?
- A: I do! Depending on the turn out, I will need 1 or 2 parents to drive. Let me know if you can.
Coming up in December...
Start baking NOW for our Youth Bake Sale Fundraiser, Sunday December 3rd!
Friday, December 1- Family Fun Night, Youth Loft
- casual gathering (dinner and hanging out) for families with children and/or youth. Bring a side dish to share.
Saturday, December 2, 3pm-8pm
- Youth Fundraiser Prep & Cook Dinner for Family Promise, Main WPC Kitchen. (We will get our 75+ wreath orders ready for pick up, bag up baked goods for the sale, make sugar cookies, and cook dinner for family promise.)
Sunday, December 3
- Youth Bake Sale & Wreath Pick-Up
- Advent Festival
Thursday, December 7, 5-6pm Youth Committee Meeting at my house
Saturday, December 9
YOUTH LOCK-IN Youth will spend the night at the church: playing games, eating pizza and snacks, and (perhaps!) sleeping a bit.
Coming up in the NEW YEAR...
We will have confirmation classes for youth, 9th grade & older. Confirmation will be held for a series of ten sessions in a casual conversational format. We will explore the Christian faith, Presbyterian denomination, what role religion plays in society and our individual lives, and where we are at (and want to be) in our faith journeys. This is an open and accepting class where youth can ask questions without cliche answers. At the end of the 10 sessions, participants will write their own faith statements and decide how they want to move forward in their particular faith journey.
We would love for you & your youth to drop off a simple meal to our families with new babies. The meals do not have to be anything fancy (or even homemade!). It's a simple way to show that we care about these families in our congregation. Please contact the office or Dawn for sign up instructions.
I hope your youth can make it to these fun events! Let me know if you have any questions!
Thank you! Dawn