We have a lot of fun things coming up for the youth! Please read the entire way through so you can mark your calendars.
Youth Outing this Sunday:
Get Air! Trampoline Park followed by Progressive Fast Food Dinner Challenge
Please RSVP NOW if your youth will attend!
Sunday, November 19, 3:30 - 7:30pm (meet at the church)
Some FAQ you might have about this event:
- Q: What should we bring?
- A: Bring grip socks and $10 (the church is paying $15 per youth to attend) and an extra $3 if you do not have grip socks. Parents should also fill out this Get Air! waiver.
- Q: What is a progressive fast food dinner challenge?
- A: This is a fun take on Thanksgiving dinner. Each youth purchases one fast food item (appetizer, main, and dessert) at three different fast food restaurants. The goal is to do so with $5 or less (hello, dollar menu!).
- Q: Do you need some super fun parents to help drive (a.k.a jump and eat junk food with the youth)?
- A: I do! Depending on the turn out, I will need 1 or 2 parents to drive. Let me know if you can.
Can you collect pre-orders for Advent wreaths and greenery this Sunday (November 19th) either between services or after the late service?
An important part of youth ministry is nurturing a safe space for your youth to talk and process their lives. As a master's level counselor, I would like to think this is a strength of mine.
Please let me know a few good times and dates that your youth and I could meet up for a coffee, smoothie, hot chocolate somewhere near your home. It may feel awkward for your youth to think about meeting one on one with me, but I promise, I will make it comfortable for them. A gentle nudge from you the parent is appreciated!
COMING UP IN DECEMBER...
Start baking NOW for our Youth Bake Sale Fundraiser, Sunday December 3rd!
Friday, December 1- Family Fun Night, Youth Loft
- casual gathering (dinner and hanging out) for families with children and/or youth. Bring a side dish to share.
Saturday, December 2, 3pm-8pm
- Youth Fundraiser Prep & Cook Dinner for Family Promise, Main WPC Kitchen. (We will get our 75+ wreath orders ready for pick up, bag up baked goods for the sale, make sugar cookies, and cook dinner for family promise.)
Sunday, December 3
- Youth Bake Sale & Wreath Pick-Up
- Advent Festival
Thursday, December 7, 5-6pm Youth Committee Meeting at my house
Saturday, December 9
YOUTH LOCK-IN Youth will spend the night at the church: playing games, eating pizza and snacks, and (perhaps!) sleeping a bit.
COMING UP IN THE NEW YEAR...
We will have confirmation classes for youth, 9th grade & older. Confirmation will be held for a series of ten sessions in a casual conversational format. We will explore the Christian faith, Presbyterian denomination, what role religion plays in society and our individual lives, and where we are at (and want to be) in our faith journeys. This is an open and accepting class where youth can ask questions without cliche answers. At the end of the 10 sessions, participants will write their own faith statements and decide how they want to move forward in their particular faith journey.
Let me know if you have any questions/ideas/concerns.
Thank you! Dawn