IMPORTANT INFO TO HIGHLIGHT
1) Our fall youth retreat is the first weekend of November. Save the date! It will be in St. George with Presbyterian youth from all over Utah. I would like for as many youth to go as possible as this will be a great fellowship and service event.
2) We had 14 youth in Sunday School yesterday and might have up to 20 youth some Sundays. That brings up the question of whether or not to split our current class into two groups, junior high and high school. I see the advantages to keeping the group as is and also see that it could be good to form two classes. The youth committee will be discussing this at our meeting this Thursday evening, so please email in your thoughts/opinions before then if you would like to contribute to the conversation.
3) Brad Leinberger will again be taking family photos again this fall as a ministry fundraiser. This year, some of the funds will be designated to youth! Dates are still TBD but tentatively will include the last Saturday of October.
4) Thanks to those who filled out the registration/permission forms for the new school year. I will continue to have those available for the next several weeks.
5) I will be out of town Sunday, October 6, so I will need a Sunday School teacher. (Paige Penze is already signed up to assist.) I will provide the curriculum and discussion questions. Please let me know if you would facilitate/lead the class.
6) Thanks to the Rob, Ann, & Andy Murphy for the yummy breakfast casserole during Sunday School! If you would like to sign up to help assist or bring brunch treats, click here.
YOUTH LOCK IN
Saturday, September 14 at 7:00 p.m. through Sunday, September 15, 11:00 a.m.
We'll go on a night hike, GO SWIMMING LATE-NIGHT at the Putnam-Netto's house, have night games, pizza, and possibly watch a movie if we are still wide awake. Bring sleeping bags, swimsuit (towels will be provided), pajamas, church clothes, $5 and a snack to share. Please RSVP (yes, no, or maybe!) so I know who to expect.
MORE SEPTEMBER HAPPENINGS!
GUYS' NIGHT OUT
Thursday, September 19 at 8:00 p.m. at Sugarhouse Pub.
LADIES' BOOK CLUB
Saturday, September 20 at 7:00 p.m. at Dawn's house. We’ll be discussing Today Will Be Different by Maria Semple over wine and appetizers.
SERVICE PROJECT: SANDWICH MAKING
Tuesday, September 24 at 7:00 p.m. in the church gym.
SERVICE PROJECT: SERVING DINNER
Wednesday, September 25 at 4:30 p.m. at St Vincent de Paul.
Sunday, September 29 at 12:30 p.m. We will go to a local restaurant after church so bring $10-15 for lunch.
Hope to see your youth at the Lock In!