Join us this Advent Season
Advent Theme: The Supporting Cast
We all know that in a drama or a movie supporting characters often play key roles. They can shine light on the main character’s hidden humanity, offering hope or a dramatic turnaround where none seems possible. They can remind us why the journey of the main character is important, especially when that character is most troubled or lost. In four Advent sermons we will exam how prophets, angels, shepherds and magi make the story of the birth of Jesus as magical and mysterious as it is.
Dec. 3 Advent #1 Prophets: Longing for Peace
Dec. 10 Advent #2 Angels: When You are Not Sure What to Hope For
Dec. 17 Advent #3 Shepherds: Joy, the Antidote to Fear
Dec. 24 Advent #4 Magi: Love, The Power of Devotion Matthew 2:1-9
- December 3rd, 5-7pm in Fellowship Hall. An all-church and all ages celebration with a soup supper, carol singing, luminary making, handbell ringing, nativity animals & costumes, and a Youth bake sale.
- December 16th, 6pm in Fellowship Hall. A special worship service for those for whom the holidays are a difficult time.
Family Fun Night
- December 1st, 6pm in the Loft. A casual potluck dinner and holiday movie night for all families.
Children's Christmas Program
- December 17th at the 9am and 11:15am worship services. Enjoy a casual telling of the nativity story by the Children’s Ministry.
Christmas Eve Morning Worship
- December 24th, 10am. One combined worship service.
Christmas Eve Evening Worship
- December 24th, 7pm. Worship service, followed by cookie reception.
- December 24th, 11pm. Candlelight worship service.
New Years Eve Worship
- December 31st, 10am. One combined worship service.