- Acolytes light candles at the beginning of the 11:15am worship service every Sunday.
- All 3rd-6th graders are invited and encouraged to serve as acolytes.
- The acolyte schedule is set by the Director of Children's Ministry, Hilary Lambert. If you need to make a change to the schedule, please contact Hilary.
- Parents are encouraged to help support their child when serving as an acolyte by helping them dress, find the candlelighter, etc.
Instructions for Acolytes
- Plan to be in the Narthex (back of the sanctuary) by 11:05am.
- Put on a robe and a cord as a belt (from the hanging rack on the north side). See the liturgical calendar on the wall to the left of the robes for which color cord to wear.
- Grab a candlelighter and wait by the main doors to the sanctuary, to have the candle lit by one of the ushers.
- Walk down the main aisle when the ushers tell you it is time. Most typically, acolytes enter during the chimes, after the announcements, or after the minute for mission.
- Walk slowly down the main aisle, light your candle, and return slowly up the side aisle.
- Return your candlelighters and robes, and either join your parents in worship or leave with your parents.
- Please ask the ushers if you need anything - they are always happy to help.
*If you need to change your acolyte duty, contact one of the other acolytes about switching or substituting for you. Or contact Hilary Lambert at firstname.lastname@example.org.