- Acolytes light candles at the beginning of the 11:15am worship service every Sunday.
- All 3rd-6th graders are invited and encouraged to serve as acolytes. We will train acolytes Sunday, September 16, 2018 at 10:10am.
- Parents are encouraged to help support their child when serving as an acolyte by helping them dress, find the candlelighter, etc. Stasha Lewis, CM Committee Chair, will help schedule acolytes and get them ready each week.
Instructions for Acolytes
- Plan to be in the Narthex (back of the sanctuary) by 11:05am.
- Put on a robe and a cord as a belt (from the hanging rack on the north side). See the liturgical calendar on the wall to the left of the robes for which color cord to wear.
- Grab a candlelighter and wait by the main doors to the sanctuary, to have the candle lit by one of the ushers.
- Walk down the main aisle when the ushers tell you it is time. Most typically, acolytes enter during the chimes, after the announcements, or after the minute for mission.
- Walk slowly down the main aisle, light your candle, and return slowly up the side aisle.
- Return your candlelighters and robes, and either join your parents in worship or leave with your parents.
- Please ask the ushers if you need anything - they are always happy to help.